Early Childhood Development Program
Moderndental launched a non-profit Early Childhood Development program in identified areas in the Gert Sibande district. We visited 8000 children , each child was also provided with a gift bag with toothbrushes and toothpaste.
This project has been formulated to aid caregivers in needy communities who are looking after young children while their parents are at work. Some of these caregivers have restricted training and some no education . We want to host a community participation program by hosting a series of dental wellness days to aid these caregivers in helping the children to obtain the necessary skills needed for maintaining their oral health . On-site visits will be undertaken by team to identify areas in need. We will also do visits to the identified schools and crèches to ensure that the skills and education regarding oral health that was given to the caregivers/teachers are implemented.
The program will include educating children about the following :
- When to brush
- Frequency of brushing
- Selection of toothbrushes
- Hygiene and toothbrush storage
- Importance of Fluoride
- Amount of toothpaste to be used
- Tooth brushing and flossing technique
- Educating children on frequent dental visits
- Raise awareness of the issues around oral health and importance of oral hygiene to achieve healthier mouth and happier lives, also to provide children in our community with the necessary skills and equipment to prevent tooth decay and gum disease